Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Prayer Journals

I’m a huge fan of writing my prayers. I love to look back on all my requests at least once a month, and with a red pen I write next to prayers that were answered, and how God answered them.

I’m also into about a dozen books and Bible studies. I’m currently involved in the Proverbs 31 Ministries’, A Confident Heart, study. Last month I completed their “Yes to God” study (What Happens When Women Say Yes to God).

I’m also in the process of going through some aftercare from a deliverance I recently experienced. Since then, I’m paying much more attention to spiritual warfare and how to utilize the power of the Holy Spirit that has been given to me (Luke 10:19). So I’m reading several books by Kimberly Daniels (Spiritual Boot Camp and Prayers that Bring Changes) and John Echhardt (Prayers that Activate Blessings, Prayers that Move Mountains, and Daily Declarations for Spiritual Warfare), which are teaching me how to pray amazing prayers of life, faith, and victory. My journals are great places for me to write those kind of prayers, along with scriptures that are more specific to my needs.

A few months ago I started my first “homemade” prayer journal, using a very basic composition notebook with graphed paper.

SAM_3104

SAM_3105This was my first attempt at making something like this using a notebook, and I think it turned out pretty nifty!

I also used washi tape on the edge of the pages, which made the book more sturdy. And then I added various tabs on the side for each thing I was involved in. This was just the first one. I have since added about four more tabs.

 

Now that journal is nearly full I’m ready to start a new journal. So I put this one together today.

016

019

Now I’m all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment