Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Spill on the Walkway and My Revenge With Blue Dawn

So this morning I woke up to my son, Tavin, screaming through his bedroom door, “Mommy, are you sad because you miss grandma?” After he asked me several times, I finally answered, “I am now, thank you.”

I went to bed upset last night and it spilled over onto my morning.

When you realize that once your automatic bills are paid that your account will absolutely, positively end up in the negative, it’s hard to have a good outlook, especially when there’s no money for groceries or household items for at least another two weeks. Grim. Depressing. Just sad.

This, added to my grief of my mother’s death nearly a year ago, is causing my heart to break.

But it gets better!

Our washing machine is still broke, and since we have no money to go the Laundromat, I had to ask my neighbor if I could use her washing machine. After I put a load in her washer, I ventured back home and took a good spill on our front walkway, twisting my hips, back, ankle and wrist. I wasn’t going down without a fight!

blue-dawn-1.22.13So I armed myself with 1 teaspoon blue Dawn and 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol, mixed with 1 gallon warm water. I took it outside and poured it on the two-inch-thick ice on my sidewalk. It started melting immediately. I then took a hammer and garden shovel and pummeled it to pieces. Crack me up? Oh, I’ll show you…

I got on a roll. I then went to one of my favorite sites, One Good Thing by Jillee, and found a “recipe” to clean my scummy bathtub and shower. I have never, EVER seen my shower sparkle like it does right now. I’m seriously contemplating not taking a shower just to keep it clean for one full day. Oh, who am I kidding? I have nowhere to go. Who needs a shower when there’s a sparkling shower to admire?

And now, as I’m finishing my post, Tavin is throwing a MASSIVE three-year old temper tantrum in his battle against the nap, fully loaded with arms flailing, screaming, crying and running into walls. Yes…life is good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment